Today’s To Do List Tuesday is all about different ways to make or save money. There are only two ways to have more money in your life: make more or spend less. I recommend doing both. Start small. Don’t try everything at once. Pick one or two things off the list and do it! But the important think is to start today.
- Take your lunch to work. This save about $7/day or $35/week or $140/month.
- Get with family and friends to buy in bulk.
- Barter! I can not emphasize this enough. Ask for a better deal and expect it.
- Give up one or two lattes a week and put the money in your emergency fund. (don’t drink coffee? then use your favorite vice: cheesecake, chocolate, cheeseburgers, pizza)
- Cut back on eating out. Cook at home. Put the money you save towards debt reduction.
- Pay off your highest interest debt! This is a real wealth stealer, get rid of it.
- Call your cable, internet and phone providers and ask for a rate cut. This works best if you have been a long time customer. They want to keep you. Don’t take no for an answer.
- Ask for a raise. If you haven’t had one in a few years, plan for it and ask! (you need to prove it, hence the planning.)
- Save and sell your aluminum cans. It isn’t much, but you can recruit people who will help you in the name of recycling. 30-35 cans make a pound that goes for around $0.40-0.50 per pound.
- Check out driving for Lyft or Uber.
- Have an interesting hobby? You might be able to make money from it. Sell photographs, Make craft items and sell them.
- Sell stuff that you are no longer using. That bowling ball you haven’t used in 9 years? Sell it on Craig’s list or Ebay. (Do your home work if you have never used either of these.)
Here is wishing you and yours a most #AWEsome and prosperous New Year! Now do it! I would love to hear your tips for making or saving money.