I only keep one New Year’s resolution.
It’s one I made in college years ago and that was to make no more New Year’s resolutions. That doesn’t mean I don’t plan for the year ahead or have any goals. I just don’t buy into the hype around New Year’s. I think you should plan, re-assess and take charge of your life on a daily basis. It is your life after all. I’m not going to plan for your best interests. That doesn’t mean I’m cold and calculating, I’m happy to help you along the way, to share my knowledge and experience, but I’m not doing the work for you. I will give you encouragement, moral support, knowledge if I have it. But my friend, the work is yours to do or not as you choose. Well now that is out-of-the-way, the meat of the post was supposed to be about what is coming up for 2015 for this blog. Here are a few of the things I want to do blogging this year:
- Guest blog somewhere 🙂 (I will not refuse offers 😉 )
- Host a guest blogger at least once per quarter (Leave a comment or email me.)
- Participate in the April 2015 A-to-Z challenge. (See more about that here.)
- Publish a sample from my SciFi book (probably 3rd or 4th quarter.)
- Do at least one book review per quarter.
- Find a way to have the blog cover my internet expenses. (Still not sure about this one yet.) Suggestions are always welcome. I don’t want it become annoying though.
Part of all this will be me asking you periodically to take a poll, or asking a question in a post. I really do want to know the answer. If you aren’t happy with what I say, how I say or even the font I use, let me know. If you like what I’m doing, saying, posting, etc. also please let me know. If I don’t know what interests you, what questions you have, what answers you have, what things you are great at, what you suck at, how can I help.
I want to engage you, the reader of this blog (and others I’m sure.) I want to be of value. I leave you with a thought from one of history’s greatest minds: