A-to-Z 2015 K is for Knowledge

Knowledge is a precious thing. Much like muscle, it fades with disuse, but it also grows if you work at it. But not just any knowledge. It has to be something useful or fun. Grandma would always ask what I was learning in school and she was genuinely excited for me to tell her all about it. She always made sure that I had books to read. Her interest helped to instill a life long love of learning.  You should always feed your knowledge.

24 thoughts on “A-to-Z 2015 K is for Knowledge

1. lucciagray

This is the second post I’ve read about knowledge this morning. Wonderful word. Great reflection. Knowledge is an insatiable friend for life:)

2. Celine Jeanjean

I’ve heard someone else describe the brain as a kind of muscle that has to be exercised and it’s so true. Learning new things is a joy into itself, and talking to someone who knows a lot and is well read is always so inspiring.

3. Charles Yallowitz

Love that quote. Never thought of it like a muscle, but you’re right. The information I’ve learned back in my school days and never used have faded away. Hard to use everything.

So very true. I just hope that I’ve not forgotten more than I’ve learned 🙂 Thanks for sharing your thoughts Charles.

4. gpcox

Back in school, we were all very impressed with I.Q. scores. When someone asked how high mine was, I’d answer – “High enough to know just how stupid I really am!”

5. Hart Johnson

I love that Confucius quote. I am much more a fan of wisdom than knowledge. Knowledge is the set of facts. Wisdom is an intelligence to the processing.

That is so true,but one rarely has wisdom without some knowledge. Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts.

6. Faraday's Candle

Love the quote you used for this post. There is a great documentary on Netflix on Confucius. In terms of learning….either use the brain or loose it and so it is a constant learning process. Awesome post as always.

7. Shonna Slayton

This morning I was at a park with my daughter and we found a large, unusual sundial. She spent a great deal of time watching the shadow and figuring out how it all worked. There were quotes from scientists all around the base, so she was acquiring all kinds of new knowledge in a fun way.

That is awesome thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts glad you and your daughter had a great time. Knowledge is fun

8. Alex Hurst

That quote from Confucious is really great. It definitely gets to the crux of why it is so amazing to learn every day of one’s life. 🙂