Get Motivated Monday
Have a new task before you? Maybe you want to lose weight? Whatever the challenge is, you may need a little more motivation. If you are happy with the things as they are, then you will not likely get motivated to change. If you need a little something to push you, stop and think for a minute. Here are 10 questions to ponder on getting motivated. Take a few minutes and really consider your answer to these questions.
- What are some things that motivate you?
- What causes you to take some action?
- Really, what do you need to get out of your comfort zone and do something?
- Why do you want to change?
- What is the benefit if you do?
- What is the result if you don’t?
- Are you willing to work hard to make this change?
- Will you commit to doing something every day for 2-3 months to make this change?
- How will you track progress?
- Do I have a friend or family member that will act as my accountability partner?
Answer The Questions
If you are serious about wanting to change, then you need to take the time and answer these questions. It is important. You need to understand what is at stake, both the good and the bad. Knowing your underlying reasons for change will help you stay on track. Writing the answers will help you learn and remember what your purpose is for getting motivated. In order to get motivated, you must have some purpose or reason to change. Something that outweighs the inertia of inaction must exist to compel you to take action. If there is no wish to change, you will never get motivated. Do you have some thoughts to share on getting and staying motivated? We would love to hear from you.